Storm-related statistics on Tropical Depression 12E as of Thursday, October 20, 2011:
- 105 deaths & 1 million people are affected in Central America.
Statistics for El Salvador:
- 34 Dead, 24 injured, and 2 missing
- 150,000 people affected by the storm
- more than 52,000 evacuated
- 18,445 houses are flooded
- over 60% of the crop is lost in the Lower Lempa region (the country may see 45% or more loss)
- 10% of the country is flooded
- 4 bridges have collapsed and 14 bridges were damaged
- landslides have blocked many roads, and sections of roads have collapsed, making them impassible
(As you can see, the numbers doubled and tripled in four days. The rains continued on Wednesday, for a total of 10 days of non-stop rain, and finally this morning we saw the sun. )
Storm-related statistics as of 5:00pm on Sunday Oct. 16, 2011:
- 66 dead in Central America a the hands of the storm
- 24 confirmed fatalities in El Salvador
- nearly 14,000 evacuees (> 13,800)
- Two major bridges out so far (Arce bridge in Harachadura / bridge in Ateos on highway between San Salvador and Sonsonate), and a 3rd, the Playón bridge , to the south of San Vicente has also collapsed.
- Landslides throughout the country, blocking roads and sadly, fatally burying Salvadoran citizens. A seven year old girl in Jayaque, La Libertad died from a landslide, and 4 were killed in City Arce (Ciudad Arce) when a mudslide landed on their home. (Yesterday a 16 year old in San Marcos died when a wall and earth in his home collapsed on him).
Estadísticas hasta 5 de la tarde, por el temporal en centroamérica:
- 66 muertos en CentroAmerica a causa del temporal (depresión tropical numero 12E)
- 24 muertos en El Salvador
- casi 14.000 evacuados (mas que 13.800)
- MOP (ministerio de obras publicas) reporta 14 carreteras obstaculizadas y varios puentes dañados
- Derrumbes por todos lados, dejando pueblos incomunicados, y mas que 6 fatalidades a causa de deslizamientos hasta hoy.